180movie

Saturday, April 24, 2010

RE: Jennifer Knapp

Most of you by now are probably aware of the "coming out" of popular "Christian" music artist Jennifer Knapp.

I thought this blog post by Pastor Bob Botsford (never heard of him before until I read his post concerning Jen), was a good, balanced post, though I have to say that what we are seeing in the "Christian" world concerning the coming out/exposing of many of it's beloved artists, and the hypocrisy of the Evangelical community and it's open stance against homosexuality while being consumed in sin itself (rampant divorce, adultery, etc.) is telling of the times. A "Church" that has rejected God's word, and wallowed in it's continued downward spiral are now reaping what it has sown.

One last comment. While I agree with the second to the last paragraph in Pastor Bob's post in that sexual sin is by no means on par with eating shellfish, etc., I do not agree with his statement that the NT brings out a "new level of understanding" regarding them (though I am aware that much of Christendom would agree with him).

When Yeshua returns, will He find faith on the earth?!


No comments: